There Are Three General Phases of Chiropractic Care
Phase 1: Relief Care
- If you are in pain when you come into our office, the first objective is to help you feel better. Depending on the severity of your problem, it is typical to need care 2-3 times per week during this phase.
Phase 2: Corrective/Restorative Care
- During the corrective care phase, muscles and other tissues are allowed to heal and stabilize, thereby helping prevent injury. It is typical to need care 4-8 times per month during the corrective phase. The length of the corrective phase will depend on your overall health and the severity of your problem.
Phase 3: Wellness Care
- Once your body has fully healed, it is often beneficial to receive periodic adjustments to avoid problems in the future. Usually, this would include a visit to our office 1-4 times per month, based on your lifestyle and goals.
Your First Visit to Our Office
Consultation- You will have a consultation with Dr. Christopher Kaiser to discuss your health-related problems, concerns, as well as potential treatment options. Your first visit is designed for Dr. Christopher Kaiser to learn more about you, your condition, and your expectations to determine whether chiropractic care meets your goals.
You should plan to spend 60 to 90 minutes with us at this first visit. Please bring your insurance card(s) as well as any X-rays or MRI results you might have. Also, any medication you may be taking.
Patient Forms - We will request that you fill out our patient forms located in the New Patient Center. The paperwork provides us with general information about yourself and your condition.
- After your consultation, Dr. Christopher Kaiser will perform a complete chiropractic examination testing your reflexes, your ability to turn and bend as well as other standard neurological, orthopedic, postural, and physical examinations. Nothing will be done at our office without your consent.
- Your specific condition may require us to take X-rays to get a full evaluation of your spine. X-rays help us rule out more serious conditions or assist us in developing the most effective treatment plan for you. Most patients can often immediately identify their misalignments and degeneration themselves once they see their x-rays.
Your Second Visit
Report of Findings- After discussing your history and goals, examining your spine and reviewing any x-rays or tests that were taken on the first visit, Dr. Christopher Kaiser will discuss his recommendations with you. Together, you’ll review your individualized treatment protocol and schedule of care. If you have a condition that requires care with other providers, the doctor will tell you. If Dr. Kaiser believes we can help you, we will recommend treatment and a wellness program. The length of this visit will be 30 to 45 minutes.
- Patients may be provided with their first treatment at the conclusion of the appointment. This may include spinal adjustments, Intersegmental traction, and/or massage therapy. Treatment session is interactive with you so you can express any concerns you have about the style of adjustment you will be most comfortable with.
- Prior to leaving, patients will be instructed on a wellness program to be conducted at home. If you are in pain when you first visit our office, you may be instructed to apply ice, avoid certain activities or positions, as well as do home exercises and/or stretches. If you desire for an overall wellness lifestyle, our wellness team will work with you to create good habits and routines that support your success. The foundation of our overall wellness lifestyle is maintaining a healthy posture and good spinal alignment, eating a healthy diet, taking supplements, keeping your weight under control and stress relief.
About Kaiser Chiropractic, S.C.
Kaiser Chiropractic, S.C. is a family-owned practice with over 20 years of experience in treating patients in the Lake Geneva area. Dr. Kaiser is a member of the Chiropractic Society of Wisconsin, the Palmer Alumni Association, the Lake Geneva Lyons Club, and also a Board Member of the YMCA.
Our staff speaks English and little Spanish for your convenience. We accept most insurance plans. Walk-in appointments are accepted.